I’ve mentioned in previous articles how I enjoy finding a new guitar each week with that something unique or special about it. The Music Man Armada has so many individual attributes that I fear it may make my future articles pale in comparison. It has a unique design and many hardware features that make this guitar a must-have in any serious guitar wishlist (in my serious opinion).
Let’s list some features!
- V shaped bookmatched and flame or quilt maple top
- Volume control, tone control and three-way pickup selector that align beautifully with the V shaped design
- Tuneomatic bridge with a stunning Graph Tech tail piece
- Schaller M6-IND locking tuning pegs
- Adjustable truss rod (without the need to remove components or strings)
- Music Man humbucking pickups (chrome with black mounting rings).
Some of the smaller components in this guitar are also responsible for my admiration of this guitar. The mother of pearl inlays for example are stylish and sexy (as sexy as fret markings can be at least). The nut is also one of the coolest looking nuts I’ve seen on a guitar neck. Of course the classic Music Man headstock design is a drawcard. I love that somewhat special 4+2 tuning peg alignment. It allows for such a compact headstock design.
The guitar itself is simple really. But it’s so well put together in its design that it draws you in. It drew me in. I’d love one if I had one.
Disclaimer: I’ve not played this guitar. I have not experienced the sound or feel of this guitar. That doesn’t matter. It looks awesome, it’s obviously played by winners and I want one.